Wyndham Hotels and Resorts - Wyndham Timeshare Fraud
My husband and I stayed at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort in January 2010. We were offered the opportunity to trade from another property to Wyndham Oceanside/San Francisco. We declined. We had declined this offer before.
The salesman, Walt, left and came back with the news that our maintenance fees were going up to $300/month, so if we do the trade, we'll only be paying 350/month plus maintenance fees. He kept repeating that; you'll be paying $300/month if you do nothing. You can call me and I'll help you rent a unit a couple of times per year to cover the maintenance fees.
Our daughter needs braces, but at $300/month we would not be able to do this. If we make the trade, we'll at least be able to make a vacation. So we signed. We later found out that Walt outright lied to us about the maintenance fees to make the sale. Maintenance charges didn't go through on the RCI credit card which they had charged a $5500 downpayment to (BofA promptly reduced the limit as soon as we got the card)and Wyndham didn't notify us for 3 months, charging us exhorbitant penalties. That's when we found out about the fraud.
They told my husband that it is their policy not to notify owners for three months if maintenance fees are not going through!!!!!! I talked to someone in corporate about the lies that were told and she kept saying you should have read your contract. Hello? Your salesman outright lied-that's FRAUD! She just kept saying that I should have read my contract. They call at least 3 times daily from several different numbers to harrass us about the balance owing. When I tell them about their fraud they all say the same thing: "You should have read your contract." The issue is the fraud that they are perpetrating.
We have refused to pay them anymore and they are ruining our credit. We are going to have to find the money to get a lawyer and sue the cretins. PLEASE let me know if there is a class action against these fraudsters. In the meantime, I am making a fraud complaint with the San Diego County District Attorney's Office, the BBB, and the California Department of Consumer Affairs. I will also be picketing their establishment next month while I'm in San Diego. Anyone want to come?
Get this- Walt, the lying salesman, has been caught fraudulently claiming to be a Viet Nam POW!
I tried calling the sales manager in July when I was in San Diego again, and no one would call me back. Ba$tards!c254e3d
You may also like
- "Timeshare owners beware! According to the FTC, numerous state attorney generals, BBB and other trusted sources, timeshare owners and consumers going on timeshare presentations are under attack. Anyone who has..."
- "This report concerns a bed and breakfast (B&B) located at 48 Via Romana, Florence, Tuscany, 50125 Italy. The B&B is operated by Valerie and is named "Bellissima grande stanza..."
- "these are the ways they will try to lie and scam you here are some of the handouts they give us to try to sell you and the sick part..."
- "I was sold a car-given a contract-took it home & 5 days later told i have to pay more or return the car. i called the FTC (federal trade commission and..."
- "I brought my Lil girls clothes that were needed to Orange Park Fl. I called before I went and asked what sizes they needed... mind u I made sure clothes..."
- "Same here. This company is bogus. I purchased what I thought was a wool pea coat white the picture was amazing . What I got? Was a jacket made if..."
- "This place & owner is highly unprofessional, Tinnequa Wall is a FRAUD, she's inconsistent, unorganized, makes promises she doesn't keep, and cheats you out of your money. At the rate..."
- "This is the first and so far only Subway I've been to that cuts the already cut vegetables before putting them on your sandwich. I was floored! Times are hard..."
- "Evan Tereszcuk said he was a software broker and promised he could get my small business a very popular internet sweepstakes software. Having worked with him on other software I..."