Wyndham Hotels And Resorts - Wyndham Timeshare Fraud
My husband and I stayed at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort in January 2010. We were offered the opportunity to trade from another property to Wyndham Oceanside/San Francisco. We declined. We had declined this offer before.
The salesman, Walt, left and came back with the news that our maintenance fees were going up to $300/month, so if we do the trade, we'll only be paying 350/month plus maintenance fees. He kept repeating that; you'll be paying $300/month if you do nothing. You can call me and I'll help you rent a unit a couple of times per year to cover the maintenance fees.
Our daughter needs braces, but at $300/month we would not be able to do this. If we make the trade, we'll at least be able to make a vacation. So we signed. We later found out that Walt outright lied to us about the maintenance fees to make the sale. Maintenance charges didn't go through on the RCI credit card which they had charged a $5500 downpayment to (BofA promptly reduced the limit as soon as we got the card)and Wyndham didn't notify us for 3 months, charging us exhorbitant penalties. That's when we found out about the fraud.
They told my husband that it is their policy not to notify owners for three months if maintenance fees are not going through!!!!!! I talked to someone in corporate about the lies that were told and she kept saying you should have read your contract. Hello? Your salesman outright lied-that's FRAUD! She just kept saying that I should have read my contract. They call at least 3 times daily from several different numbers to harrass us about the balance owing. When I tell them about their fraud they all say the same thing: "You should have read your contract." The issue is the fraud that they are perpetrating.
We have refused to pay them anymore and they are ruining our credit. We are going to have to find the money to get a lawyer and sue the cretins. PLEASE let me know if there is a class action against these fraudsters. In the meantime, I am making a fraud complaint with the San Diego County District Attorney's Office, the BBB, and the California Department of Consumer Affairs. I will also be picketing their establishment next month while I'm in San Diego. Anyone want to come?
Get this- Walt, the lying salesman, has been caught fraudulently claiming to be a Viet Nam POW!
I tried calling the sales manager in July when I was in San Diego again, and no one would call me back. Ba$tards!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I would like to relate my Festiva Resorts sales person experience with any one out there whom may be considering selling timeshare for Festiva (Frontline sales). I worked from Jan to..."
- "TLC sold me and my girl a 20,000 point platinum membership membership. the salesman told us that we could get countless vacations for $249 dollars and use our points to..."
- "My wife and I stayed at this hotel for over 70-days this summer (June, July, & August, 2013) while our home was being repaired. The public needs to be aware..."
- "I order a hoodie with a quote on the front. After paying for the item I receved a confirmation email saying my order went through and would be shipped after..."
- "I bought two tickets from Fayetteville to NY but I made a Mistake and I had to change it to Miami, Fl. I knew, according with the web page that..."
- "Poor customer service, separated blacks and whites to different areas. Pizza not what we ordered. Cups stayed empty..."
- "Bought a pair of New Balance shoes May 25, 2015, The first of July the shoes started coming apart. There is a strip that runs on the bottom..."
- "My daughter, Savannah, my wife Lori, and I wanted to thank so many of you who donated to help Savannah recently so we could purchase a wheelchair lift to get..."
- "Missy Starling, ABR ALHS Realtor from Dallas Fort Worth Area has scammed us out of money from the purchase of our home. It is unfortunate that we are pushed to..."