Wyndham Hotels And Resorts - Wyndham Timeshare Fraud
My husband and I stayed at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort in January 2010. We were offered the opportunity to trade from another property to Wyndham Oceanside/San Francisco. We declined. We had declined this offer before.
The salesman, Walt, left and came back with the news that our maintenance fees were going up to $300/month, so if we do the trade, we'll only be paying 350/month plus maintenance fees. He kept repeating that; you'll be paying $300/month if you do nothing. You can call me and I'll help you rent a unit a couple of times per year to cover the maintenance fees.
Our daughter needs braces, but at $300/month we would not be able to do this. If we make the trade, we'll at least be able to make a vacation. So we signed. We later found out that Walt outright lied to us about the maintenance fees to make the sale. Maintenance charges didn't go through on the RCI credit card which they had charged a $5500 downpayment to (BofA promptly reduced the limit as soon as we got the card)and Wyndham didn't notify us for 3 months, charging us exhorbitant penalties. That's when we found out about the fraud.
They told my husband that it is their policy not to notify owners for three months if maintenance fees are not going through!!!!!! I talked to someone in corporate about the lies that were told and she kept saying you should have read your contract. Hello? Your salesman outright lied-that's FRAUD! She just kept saying that I should have read my contract. They call at least 3 times daily from several different numbers to harrass us about the balance owing. When I tell them about their fraud they all say the same thing: "You should have read your contract." The issue is the fraud that they are perpetrating.
We have refused to pay them anymore and they are ruining our credit. We are going to have to find the money to get a lawyer and sue the cretins. PLEASE let me know if there is a class action against these fraudsters. In the meantime, I am making a fraud complaint with the San Diego County District Attorney's Office, the BBB, and the California Department of Consumer Affairs. I will also be picketing their establishment next month while I'm in San Diego. Anyone want to come?
Get this- Walt, the lying salesman, has been caught fraudulently claiming to be a Viet Nam POW!
I tried calling the sales manager in July when I was in San Diego again, and no one would call me back. Ba$tards!review #198464
You may also like
- "Checked into hotel on 14 Nov to find two small beds that were sold as "undescribed." Assured that the beds were large enough to accommodate two adults and two kids...."
- "Checked into Day Inn in Odessa Tx on 6/23 @ 10:30 p:m after a 9 hr drive $130 a night X 2. My self, daughter and two babies 10 months..."
- "My wife and I stayed at the Wyndham Tryp hotel in Atlantic City NJ on 7/26-7/27. We stayed in room #321. We walked into the bathroom and saw a huge..."
- "Heated a can of Allen's brand Italian Cur Green Beans and found a huge worm inside one piece of green bean. Went online to contact Allens only to find..."
- "The quality control at Harry and David has really gone downhill. Today, when I opened the latest box, I noticed that the pears were all rotted and mold was beginning..."
- "Service is constantly out but everytime i call i'm told there's no reported outages in my area. Finally had a tech come out to make sure it wasn't faulty equipment...."
- "the crackers break as soon as you open the package ,and you cant put noting on the crackers because they are mostly broken , it makes it very hard to..."
- "A few things have happened. For starters: one of the bras I received about February busted open about 2 months after I got it! See the picture I attached. It's..."
- "Dear Sir/Ma I am direct to a project Funder who is also known as private lender they specialized in bank instrument lease and sales their funds is purely earned from private..."