My husband and I stayed at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort in January 2010. We were offered the opportunity to trade from another property to Wyndham Oceanside/San Francisco. We declined. We had declined this offer before.
The salesman, Walt, left and came back with the news that our maintenance fees were going up to $300/month, so if we do the trade, we'll only be paying 350/month plus maintenance fees. He kept repeating that; you'll be paying $300/month if you do nothing. You can call me and I'll help you rent a unit a couple of times per year to cover the maintenance fees.
Our daughter needs braces, but at $300/month we would not be able to do this. If we make the trade, we'll at least be able to make a vacation. So we signed. We later found out that Walt outright lied to us about the maintenance fees to make the sale. Maintenance charges didn't go through on the RCI credit card which they had charged a $5500 downpayment to (BofA promptly reduced the limit as soon as we got the card)and Wyndham didn't notify us for 3 months, charging us exhorbitant penalties. That's when we found out about the fraud.
They told my husband that it is their policy not to notify owners for three months if maintenance fees are not going through!!!!!! I talked to someone in corporate about the lies that were told and she kept saying you should have read your contract. Hello? Your salesman outright lied-that's FRAUD! She just kept saying that I should have read my contract. They call at least 3 times daily from several different numbers to harrass us about the balance owing. When I tell them about their fraud they all say the same thing: "You should have read your contract." The issue is the fraud that they are perpetrating.
We have refused to pay them anymore and they are ruining our credit. We are going to have to find the money to get a lawyer and sue the cretins. PLEASE let me know if there is a class action against these fraudsters. In the meantime, I am making a fraud complaint with the San Diego County District Attorney's Office, the BBB, and the California Department of Consumer Affairs. I will also be picketing their establishment next month while I'm in San Diego. Anyone want to come?
Get this- Walt, the lying salesman, has been caught fraudulently claiming to be a Viet Nam POW!
I tried calling the sales manager in July when I was in San Diego again, and no one would call me back. Ba$tards!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Oceanside Pier Resort Timeshare
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
- Review rating
- 2 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "We stayed at a Hawthorn suites Orlando this weekend. Upon arriving at the hotel it was total caos. The room smelled dirty and wet, the furniture was broken and full..."
- "Checked into hotel on 14 Nov to find two small beds that were sold as "undescribed." Assured that the beds were large enough to accommodate two adults and two kids...."
- "This is an update to the complaint against Panther Knob Cottage Rental, owner Susan Bates As of this date January 13, 2015 nothing has been resolved!! But this is business..."
- "I ordered a teeshirt i. Wo.ens lrg. When i received it, it fit my 10yr old great neice. I emailed fu. Sport and my respinse was you ordered a womens..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "The workers don't look like they care about the appearance of themselves. Hair everywhere and no gloves. The main area is nasty, food on the floor and trash. The kid..."
- "we bought a reclining couch and love seat and a matching recliner. The love seat was defective and we were shipped a new one several weeks later this new one..."
- "Hi Jo Kelly, My name is Jim Woodbury from Long Beach and would like to know who you were able to contact. I recently purchases from Vida in Beautiful Cancun Grand..."
- "Everytime I order from this establishment the mess up the order in some way. Doesn't matter if I place it on the phone or online. They always charge me for..."