My husband and I stayed at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort in January 2010. We were offered the opportunity to trade from another property to Wyndham Oceanside/San Francisco. We declined. We had declined this offer before.
The salesman, Walt, left and came back with the news that our maintenance fees were going up to $300/month, so if we do the trade, we'll only be paying 350/month plus maintenance fees. He kept repeating that; you'll be paying $300/month if you do nothing. You can call me and I'll help you rent a unit a couple of times per year to cover the maintenance fees.
Our daughter needs braces, but at $300/month we would not be able to do this. If we make the trade, we'll at least be able to make a vacation. So we signed. We later found out that Walt outright lied to us about the maintenance fees to make the sale. Maintenance charges didn't go through on the RCI credit card which they had charged a $5500 downpayment to (BofA promptly reduced the limit as soon as we got the card)and Wyndham didn't notify us for 3 months, charging us exhorbitant penalties. That's when we found out about the fraud.
They told my husband that it is their policy not to notify owners for three months if maintenance fees are not going through!!!!!! I talked to someone in corporate about the lies that were told and she kept saying you should have read your contract. Hello? Your salesman outright lied-that's FRAUD! She just kept saying that I should have read my contract. They call at least 3 times daily from several different numbers to harrass us about the balance owing. When I tell them about their fraud they all say the same thing: "You should have read your contract." The issue is the fraud that they are perpetrating.
We have refused to pay them anymore and they are ruining our credit. We are going to have to find the money to get a lawyer and sue the cretins. PLEASE let me know if there is a class action against these fraudsters. In the meantime, I am making a fraud complaint with the San Diego County District Attorney's Office, the BBB, and the California Department of Consumer Affairs. I will also be picketing their establishment next month while I'm in San Diego. Anyone want to come?
Get this- Walt, the lying salesman, has been caught fraudulently claiming to be a Viet Nam POW!
I tried calling the sales manager in July when I was in San Diego again, and no one would call me back. Ba$tards!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Oceanside Pier Resort Timeshare
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "Okay so I'm traveling so I stopped and Charlotte at the Microtel at 1803 Matthews Mint Hill Road Matthews North Carolina I drop my things off go to dinner when..."
- "This is a SCAM. I was fresh out of college when I signed up and way to naive to understand that I was being duped. I received a call saying..."
- "Wyndham Worldwide, Wyndham Vacation Ownership, Fraud Validation - Senior Management Speaks- A Robert Paisola Exclusive 2012 SEE FULL NATIONAL STORY WITH PHOTOS AND VIDEO AT THE TIMESHARE CHRONICLES : http://timesharescamsupdate.blogspot.com/2012/04/wyndham-resorts-senior-management.html For..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC. I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for..."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."