My husband and I stayed at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort in January 2010. We were offered the opportunity to trade from another property to Wyndham Oceanside/San Francisco. We declined. We had declined this offer before.
The salesman, Walt, left and came back with the news that our maintenance fees were going up to $300/month, so if we do the trade, we'll only be paying 350/month plus maintenance fees. He kept repeating that; you'll be paying $300/month if you do nothing. You can call me and I'll help you rent a unit a couple of times per year to cover the maintenance fees.
Our daughter needs braces, but at $300/month we would not be able to do this. If we make the trade, we'll at least be able to make a vacation. So we signed. We later found out that Walt outright lied to us about the maintenance fees to make the sale. Maintenance charges didn't go through on the RCI credit card which they had charged a $5500 downpayment to (BofA promptly reduced the limit as soon as we got the card)and Wyndham didn't notify us for 3 months, charging us exhorbitant penalties. That's when we found out about the fraud.
They told my husband that it is their policy not to notify owners for three months if maintenance fees are not going through!!!!!! I talked to someone in corporate about the lies that were told and she kept saying you should have read your contract. Hello? Your salesman outright lied-that's FRAUD! She just kept saying that I should have read my contract. They call at least 3 times daily from several different numbers to harrass us about the balance owing. When I tell them about their fraud they all say the same thing: "You should have read your contract." The issue is the fraud that they are perpetrating.
We have refused to pay them anymore and they are ruining our credit. We are going to have to find the money to get a lawyer and sue the cretins. PLEASE let me know if there is a class action against these fraudsters. In the meantime, I am making a fraud complaint with the San Diego County District Attorney's Office, the BBB, and the California Department of Consumer Affairs. I will also be picketing their establishment next month while I'm in San Diego. Anyone want to come?
Get this- Walt, the lying salesman, has been caught fraudulently claiming to be a Viet Nam POW!
I tried calling the sales manager in July when I was in San Diego again, and no one would call me back. Ba$tards!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Oceanside Pier Resort Timeshare
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "TLC sold me and my girl a 20,000 point platinum membership membership. the salesman told us that we could get countless vacations for $249 dollars and use our points to..."
- "It appears that “Las Palmas Travel Network” (LPTN) may be a new scam connected to what’s going on at Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka Bahia Turquesas). ** Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka..."
- "We stayed at a Hawthorn suites Orlando this weekend. Upon arriving at the hotel it was total caos. The room smelled dirty and wet, the furniture was broken and full..."
- "https://www.facebook.com/OrigamiOwlDeanaKinman/timeline?ref=page_internal. https://www.facebook.com/dlkinman?fref=ts https://www.instagram.com/deanakinman/ Cope and paste. These necklaces are trash. I put mine on and it came a part. I was I was making a speech in front of 250 people and my locket..."
- "I purchased a Pottery Barn Classic Terry Robe in Truffle online from a store in Durham, NC. I was visiting there for a wedding and had gift cards for..."
- "The workers don't look like they care about the appearance of themselves. Hair everywhere and no gloves. The main area is nasty, food on the floor and trash. The kid..."
- "I have purchased two pairs of men's Skechers Memory Foam running shoes. Though I do not run any more, the comfort of these shoes for everyday use is the best..."
- "Energywise LED Solutions are very cheapED bulbs they are the cheapest quality bulbs!. I saw their bulbs online and thought of going ahead with it as it seem to be..."
- "Elemental Solutions St.Louis MO My experience with these *** artists goes like this. Before payment, after first payment, after 2nd payment, they quit before the 3rd payment when I started pointing..."